10. I meant to write this scene three times. It's an important scene.
9. No one will notice that the location of the rooms in the house keep moving.
8. My main character isn't an insufferable prig. He's just wise.
7. These jokes are funny. I know, I wrote them.
6. (if you're writing a mystery) It doesn't matter that any of my first readers haven't been able to solve the mystery.
5. It matters even less that they say my solution comes out of left field. It's not unsolvable - it's incredibly clever.
DANGER! DANGER, Will Robertson!!
Back to our list...
4. You can't have too many colourful, quirky characters. More is more.
3. Oh look. I didn't write that scene three times, I wrote it four times. Wow. It's like Rashomon.
2. My main character is in two places at once. Obviously, my he/she has an identical twin.
And one big truth...
1. Any editing pass will go quicker with chocolate. But...watch out for crumbs.