10. Flex your fingers. They're about to get a workout.
9. Place your hands in the correct position on the keyboard in preparation for the words you are about to type at breathless speed.
8. Those words are going to come. Any minute now.
7. Take a sip of coffee. Everyone knows you can't write when you're thirsty.
6. Replace your fingers.
5. Watch the cursor blinking at you. Try not take it personally.
4. Any minute now, you'll be typing.
3. Any minute.
2. Get out those notes you wrote down last night. Try to decipher what "Big-eared dog behind cabbage" might possibly mean. Obviously, it's code. You didn't realize you were that clever.
1. Re-flex those fingers. Every writer needs hope.