10. You can't remember the actual number of drafts you've written.
9. You question the placement of every plot point.
8. Although you're still in love with your main character, you're ready for a break.
7. Your writing seems tight one day and sloppy the next.
6. You're convinced this is the worst thing you've ever written.
5. You're hopeful this is the best thing you've ever written.
4. You're sure you've tied up all your plot lines, but you know in your heart there's one still out there...dangling.
3. You're on a first name relationship with your thesaurus. (Roget, my dear, come here!)
2. You're amazed by the conflicting urges to, on the one hand, cherish your manuscript, but on the other, to throw it up against a wall.
1. A new idea has evolved from being a small whisper in the back of your brain to a screaming banshee in the front.