Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Other writing blogs will give you tips on how to improve your writing. How to develop your characters. How to muscle on through to the end. How to be productive.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
10. Invent adventurous ways of torturing the person who gave you the cold.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Before I make that first keystroke on any first draft, my heart afire with hope while my brain is screaming "Seriously? You're doing this again?", I get to know my characters. My logic is the better I know them, the better I can write them. Of course, there are always surprises along the way, but having some basic knowledge of each of them makes the journey a great deal smoother.
Monday, September 13, 2010
First drafts are tricky beasts. They always take longer than I think, and they're always rougher than I want. Every writer seems to attack them in their own way, but the biggest lesson seems to be: no matter how you do it, just finish the gosh-darned thing. Write it in a way that's easiest for you.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Welcome, once again, to Fun Friday. Today's edition is from an email I received this week. It made me giggle, I hope it does the same for you. Enjoy your weekend!
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself on the intercom. Don't disguise your voice!
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to expresso.
5. In the memo field of all your cheques write 'for marijuana'.
6. Skip down the hall rather than walk and see how many looks you get.
7. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat.
8. Specify that your drive-through order is 'to go'.
9. Sing Along At The Opera. 9. Sing along at the opera.
10. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you have a headache.
11. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I won! I won!"