Tuesday, June 21, 2011
10 Reasons It all Evens Out in the End
10. There is never enough coffee.
9. The ideas come either too fast or not fast enough.
8. You will always be the worst critic you ever face.
7. You will use more imagination in coming up with excuses on why you're not writing than you will ever use in your writing. (or maybe that's just me)
6. There will be days when it seems every writer you're in touch with is more productive than you.
5. You will find something you've written that delights you and fills you with pride.
4. You will love all your characters; even the ones with serious issues.
3. You will find the courage to put your work in front of impartial eyes.
2. You will learn that somedays writing 100 words is a bigger triumph than writing 2500.
1. You will find that emergency supply of coffee that you hid behind the flour container. How did it get there? Never, ever ask.