10. The front door changing colour half way through the manuscript is obviously symbolic.
9. Strangely, the same symbolism seems to be at work with the colour of your protagonist's hair.
8. The three afternoons on one Wednesday explains why Wednesday seems so long.
7. The best friend that you thought was funny and wise actually comes across as snide and self-absorbed. Wow. Multi-layering.
6. Every character expresses surprise in the same way. This shows we're all the same inside.
5. The sagging of pace in the middle is compensated by the rushing of the ending.
4. You can't have too many "that"s.
3. No one will notice the giant plot hole. You didn't notice it when you were writing it.
2. That extreme coincidence which helps your protagonist leap to the necessary conclusion could really happen. It could. It could, it could, it could.
1. You'll be finished editing by the end of the week.