Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On Your Mark...



You've had a this...


Do this!




The next step looks like this...



You'll need plenty of these before you're done...



But for now, let's just start with one...


Does he look out his window and see this?


Or this?


And what is he looking for when he looks out that window?


Is it this?

This?


Or maybe this?


AAAK!

Does he have a habit of finding this?



Or...


Is he more interested in finding this?


Well, whatever his quest

(and yours, of course)




Lace up your this...


and pick up your this...
Because we all know it's not a this...


But more of a this...



That awaits.

Ready?

Set?










6 comments:

  1. Inspiring as always. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryann; Thank you; you're very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elspeth - I agree a zillion percent that it all starts with one character. In my case, that's usually the victim, because I write murder mysteries. I start with who that person is/was, what that person was like, and why anyone would feel the need to have that person die. That leads me fairly naturally to the other characters and their relationships with the victim. Once you know the main and most important characters, the rest of the story falls out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margot; I do exactly the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start with characters. For me, the whole story is about the characters. I use Deb Dixon's GMC template to start brainstorming, and then I just see what happens.

    Terry
    Terry's Place
    Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry; You've obviously found a winning formula for yourself; well done.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!