10. You've written the same scene not twice but four times.
9. You've written three afternoons in the same day.
8. Your vegetarian character is tucking hungrily into a steak dinner.
7. You have six characters' names all starting with the same letter.
6. You're sure you've finished polishing your manuscript. Sure. Positively, absolutely sure. Then you see the phrase "this writing sucks, this writing sucks" mid-way down page 53.
5. No one told you writing takes time and discipline. It's like...a job.
4. Your happily-married pair of characters spend the entire book fighting.
3. You spent 2 hours at your laptop. You wrote 1 sentence worth keeping.
2. You're stare resentfully at the thick volumes lining your bookshelves as "How did they manage to do it?" blares in your head.
1. Writing is like a marriage. There will be days (or weeks) when divorce seems like your best option. Power through. Or...have a drink.