Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Something to Ponder

I've been pondering many things lately.

How to wrap up two more murder mystery games. Whether I should begin mapping my romantic comedy manuscript. How many pop tarts I really could eat in one sitting, if I put my mind to it.

And most importantly, what new direction I need to take with this blog. It's stagnating. So, here's where YOU come in - what have you liked and what would you like to see more of? Extra points if you mention the sheep. Even more points if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure when my next post will be.

But in the meantime, here's the best commencement speech EVER - delivered by one of the greatest writers EVER - Aaron Sorkin.

Here's the text: Aaron Sorkin's Commencement Speech at Syracuse

10 comments:

  1. All good questions. You know how I feel about the sheep. I can't get too much of them. I like your Friday funnies and I like it when talk about your research. I guess if you were going to make a change I would like to know more about your process - whether it is with the games or your novel writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan; I thank you for your input. The sheep thank you and wave hello to your chickens.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to your blogs from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about starting a new blog for that called "Elspeth's Excellent Adventure" or "A Canadian Shirley Valentine". Or, I could just post everything here.

      Delete
  3. I can only help you with the pop tarts question. I think my record is a shameful six. That was a long time ago.

    As for the direction of this blog, I think if/when you start posting from England, you're going to be completely re-charged, and you'll likely get an idea of what you really want to do from then on.

    Oh, and Aaron Sorkin rules. That is all.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elspeth - First, I love your blog. A lot. Including the sheep. I love your sense of humour, your willingness to confront the real issues of writing, and your support of all of us. It means a lot to me. What have I loved? Your sheep. Your ideas for how to add life to a story. Your perspective. What would I like to see more of? You have quite a lot of expertise in theatre and drama. I'd love to get your insights based on that (e.g. dialogue and so on) to make stories come alive. And maybe some theatre "war stories" too. But what I most want is your creativity, so whatever direction you choose, I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margot...THANK YOU. *blush* The sheep will now do a small tasteful tap dance in your honour. So, if you hear odd sounds on your roof tonight, worry not.

      Delete
  5. I do love your inspirational picture posts--they always make me smile!

    Good luck with those two games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just back from three weeks' vacation. Keep the Sheep. That's what they told me to tell you. Made me promise. You know how persuasive they are.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!