10. It's okay that it's really rough because it's only the first (second, third, forty-seventh) draft.
9. Always have liquid within reaching distance. NOTE: reaching, not spilling.
8. Pacing and muttering quickens the writing process and (in my world) counts as exercise.
7. I am a far more talented writer in my head than I am on paper.
6. Writing suspense is hard. Writing a love scene is hard. Heck, writing is hard.
5. No, writing is easy. Writing well is hard.
4. There is no harsher critic than the one you hear in your head.
3. Cherish the brilliant plot twist that leaps into your mind just before you go to sleep because you won't remember it in the morning. NOTE: writing down "window is smeared" won't help. You may have thought that was all you would need to remember, but you erred. Grievously.
2. Crumbs are difficult to dislodge from your keyboard.
1. Remember to laugh. It will keep you sane. It's always better to laugh than pressing 'delete'. Trust me on this one.