Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Signs You're NOT in the Zone


Have you ever had one of those days when you're trying to write a blog post and you have no words? Seriously. No words. 

What is a blogger to do?

This is what this blogger does - she reruns one of her more popular posts about not being in the zone. Irony is amusing.

Let's hope I've found some words by Wednesday - or at least (considering what I post on Wednesday) some pictures.

Happy Monday to all.


10. Just one more game of Solitare (or Free cell or Angry Birds or...). Just one. Oops, where did that hour go?

9. Notice you've used the word 'pretty' twice. Not in the same paragraph; the same sentence.

8. (If you write mysteries) Your sleuth is about to have his/her big 'aha' moment. This is when you realize there is no logical way they could have leapt to the solution.

7. Realize your fingers are cramping because they've been frozen over the keyboard for such a long time.

6. It's been so long since you've looked at your WIP that when you actually open up the document you have to spend considerable time re-reading it because you have no idea what's going on.

5. Congratulations; you've just forgotten your main character's name.

4. You've only got half an hour to write and you're determined to make it count. Okay, just one more game of solitaire and you're going to start.

3. Your pet just came into the room, yawned and left. He knows.

2. You've been popping about the internet completing vital research. How is it possible that your computer's screen is showing travel packages to Tahiti?

1. You've achieved a new high score in  Solitare (or Free cell or Angry Birds or...). It's time well-spent.


8 comments:

  1. Elspeth - Ah, yes, those definitely "Not-in-the-Zone" days. I have 'em myself. How do I know it's happening? When I promise myself to just check one or two of my favourite blogs - and then it's an hour later that I get back to my manuscript. Oh, but I forgot a couple blogs! Must go back! Another hour... you get the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm not in the zone today, too! Keep getting phone calls. :) I'm enjoying your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I feel sure you'll dig out your self-discipline and be mightily efficient at some point today.

      Delete
  3. Yes, these all sound familiar, except for the Solitaire and Angry Birds. I tend to just stare out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there, done that...except I was using Minesweeper. I had to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!