Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun Friday




Short, but sweet. And wise. But, being Irish meself, couldn't you guess I'd be saying something like that? Then again, I'm not the author of the wisdom, it being sent to me by way of an email.

Have yourselves a grand weekend.

Five Pearls of Irish Wisdom
  1. Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.
  2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name.
  3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.
  4. Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
  5. Alcohol does not solve any problem, but then neither does milk.

4 comments:

  1. I have only a drop of Irish blood, but I totally get all this :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    Yes, I bet this is Irish wisdom (but could also have come from Vendsyssel, the region I grew up in).

    Re # 4: well, that´s why we only kill them in fiction, isn´t it? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elspeth - Oh, I really like these! I've also heard this one: Drink is a curse. It makes you argue with your spouse, it makes you miss work, it makes you shoot at your landlord, and it makes you miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very funny. I see number three happen a lot down here in mexico.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!