10. Just one more game of solitaire. Just one. Oops, where did that hour go?
9. Notice you've used the word 'pretty' twice. Not in the same paragraph; the same sentence.
8. (If you write mysteries) Your sleuth is about to have his/her big 'aha' moment. This is when you realize there is no logical way they could have leapt to the solution.
7. Realize your fingers are cramping because they've been frozen over the keyboard for such a long time.
6. It's been so long since you've looked at your WIP that when you actually open up the document you have to spend considerable time re-reading it because you have no idea what's going on.
5. Congratulations; you've just forgotten your main character's name.
4. You've only got half an hour to write and you're determined to make it count. Okay, just one more game of solitaire and you're going to start.
3. Your pet just came into the room, yawned and left. He knows.
2. You've been popping about the internet completing vital research. How is it possible that your computer's screen is showing travel packages to Tahiti?
1. A new high score in solitaire. It's time well-spent.