10. There is no dress code.
9. You're not eavesdropping; you're working.
8. Your rather eccentric computer history of websites can be explained as research.
BONUS: Actually, anything can be explained as research - it just takes a bit of thought.
7. Your active imagination now has something to focus on.
6. Although you say you don't base your characters on anyone you know, you could. Revenge is sweet.
5. People expect odd behaviour from creative types. This is an advantage.
4. You know talking to yourself serves a purpose.
3. You can tell yourself your typo isn't a typo, it's a new word. Language evolves.
2. If you write romantic scenes you can blush and tell people you couldn't possibly confirm whether they're autobiographical.
1. You can make your own rules and then break them.