Here we are, 2010. Where does the time go? I remember New Year's Eve 1999 very clearly. The years seem to go by in a blur. It's somewhat disconcerting.
Digression: Are you calling 2010 'twenty ten' or 'two thousand and ten'? This seems to be a matter of great discussion. Around here, because our Olympics (39 days away) have always been referred to as 'Vancouver twenty ten', the former seems to be the choice. However, 2011 is referred to as 'two thousand eleven'. Very odd.
New Business: I am determined to finish my WIP by the end of February. Determined, I say. I'm trying very hard to take the excellent advice I've gotten from many of you and not worry so much about getting it exactly perfect from the get-go. I'm going to just write and finish the **##ed thing and get it perfect after. Now that I've announced my deadline, I'm hoping fear of public humiliation will serve as a much-needed impetus. I'm keeping Alan Orloff's brilliant acronym in mind: BICHOK (butt in chair, hands on keyboard).
I was also honored to received the "Honest Scrap" award from Michele Emrath of Southern City Mysteries over the holidays. Thank you Michele! In accordance with the rules I shall now share 10 things about me.
1. I have 6 children; 5 girls and 1 boy with an age range of 14 years between oldest and youngest. Don't panic, the eldest three no longer live at home.
2. I attended an all-girl private school.
3. I must have my cup of tea every afternoon.
4. I'm always reading at least one book (sometimes more). I fluctuate between books that involve serious thinking and books that are just fun. (the latter include books by the wonderful Peter Mayle and P.G. Woodhouse).
5. I am a huge contradiction; I'm very shy by nature, but also am happiest being the leader of a group. (it helps I'm a Gemini).
6. I used to be fairly good at gymnastics. I'm confident if I tried any of those moves now, I would break.
7. I studied ballet for many years.
8. I still have my old toe shoes and can still go en pointe.
9. In high school I was a successful debater. I represented my province at the Western Canada Championships and the National Championships.
10. I adore champagne. A lot. It's scary.
I'm not going to pass on the award right now, although I reserve the right to pass it on at a future time.
I'm now going to do my blog tour and read all of your wonderful posts before bringing up my manuscript and continuing to plough through. What is your new business for this new year?