Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Friday


Happy Friday!

Welcome to the second installment of Fun Friday. I hope you enjoy these jokes I've discovered
while surfing the net this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Q: How many agents does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Agent #1: Sorry, we're not accepting screw in light bulbs anymore. Bayonets only, and we only get them from the store.

Agent #2: We considered your light bulb but it's a bit too modern. Have you tried turning it into a candle?

Agent #3: Loved your light bulb. Great light. Lots of illumination. Unfortunately, the agency's decided to remain in the dark indefinitely.
***
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She answered, "If I tell you, it will defeat the purpose."
***

Three men: an editor, a photographer, and a journalist are covering a political convention in Miami. They decide to walk up and down the beach during their lunch hour. Halfway up the beach, they stumbled upon a lamp. As they rub the lamp a genie appears and says "Normally I would grant you three wishes, but since there are three of you, I will grant you each one wish."

The photographer went first. "I would like to spend the rest of my life living in a huge house in St. Thomas with no money worries." The genie granted him his wish and sent him on off to St. Thomas.

The journalist went next. "I would like to spend the rest of my life living on a huge yacht cruising the Mediterranean,with no money worries." The genie granted him his wish and sent him off.

Last, but not least, it was the editor's turn. "And what would your wish be?" asked the genie.

"I want them both back after lunch," replied the editor, "the deadline for tomorrow's newspaper is in ten hours.

***

Writer's block is when your imaginary friends won't talk to you.





14 comments:

  1. Loved them all, but especially the last one. And the first one. And the one in-between.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great bits of humor, especially since they ring a bit of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said Canadians didn't have a sense of humor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen; I'm glad.

    arlee bird; That's what makes them fun. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

    Alan; Yeah, who DID say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still laughing! I love your Fun Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know where to go on Fridays for a good laugh! Thanks, Elspeth (especially for the one about my imaginary friends).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen; You're so welcome.

    Carol; Huzzah! I'm glad.

    Patricia; The last one seems to be a hit. It certainly was with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good, really funny. Especially that last one. This is such a treat on a Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaa! Love this Fun Friday feature, Elspeth!

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Thankfully my imaginary friends are a chatty bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Elspeth, for this very necessary Friday humor. I chuckled all the way through : ). You've really made the beginning of my week-end a good one : ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth; I'm a treat-bearer! Cool.

    Old Silly; I think it's a keeper.

    Jemi; Aren't you the lucky one? (mitts, mitts, mitts)

    Margot; I'm so glad. Have a great weekend, Margot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them! And I love the weekly segment, which means I'll get more of them. :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Elspeth - I'm following you on Twitter - follow me back? I'm at http://twitter.com/Paize_Fiddler

    Twit to you soon! (wink)

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!