Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September


This is my favourite month of the year. The weather is still warm, but not hot. Early morning air teases you with that first hint that cooler times are coming. The sky can be that magnificent shade of blue that you never see in the spring or the fall - and kids head back to school.

The resumption of routines is a relief. I know how to do schooldays as I've done them for more years than I care to admit. Relief is also having the house to myself again - well, me and the cats. However cats don't come up to you informing you that they're bored or ask to be driven to a friend's house. My cats spend the day sleeping in strange places and opening one eye accusingly if I make too much of a noise. On second thought though, having talking cats could be the key to my dream house.

I always experience a fresh burst of energy at this time of year and new resolutions fill my head. I will get more organised. I will set new goals. I walk a little faster and dream a little bigger. I face the computer with a new sense of purpose and determination.

Enjoy autumn (or spring) where ever you are in the world. Take time to follow a leaf's path as it wafts its way downwards or examine a new bud closely. The year has turned another corner. Welcome to what lies ahead.


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful sentiments.

    It is cooling off. Around here we're in to the mid 90s, which is nice. I'm heading to MN in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping for cooler weather, debating if I should take a sweater. If I can find a sweater.

    This time of year sounds peaceful for you.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love fall, after the heat of summer, it's just perfect...not to mention the colors and Halloween and T'giving. Sublime.

    You have talking cats? Does CNN know..or YouTube? Can they write?

    Best Regards, Galen
    Imagineering Fiction Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats make interesting companions, don't they? Mine look like they barely tolerate me most of the time. Then, when I DON'T want them near me (I'm typing and they sit on my keyboard, e.g.), then I can't get rid of them!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!