Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Hot

I wish that I was writing something witty and erudite, but the simple fact is that the Fraser Valley (which is where I am located) is going through a massive heat wave. Very few people around here have central air conditioning because it's usually not needed. I'm changing my mind about this and thinking about the lesson that I learned when we got a car with air conditioning. Used much? No. Appreciate it when it is needed for those few weeks of a year? With every fiber of my being.

Adding to my misery is the fact that I had several large trees cut down last week. Now, I'm not a tree-hater. If you've grown up on the west coast you can't be a tree-hater - it's one of the rules. Seriously, it's there. It's right beside pitying anyone who lives 'back east'. But the trees needed to come down and my house has lost some of its shade on the south side. Cue the heat wave.

Trying to write in this weather is nigh on impossible. The only thoughts going through my brain are how to keep cool and worrying about how hot the cats must be feeling. My children live in the basement watching movies on dvd. It's the coolest place in the house. Meanwhile I ooze about the place feeling like a large sponge.

The fall sounds good right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!