10. You've been transcribing your handwritten draft and a glance at the computer screen tells you you've just typed 5 pages of gobbledegook since your hands were one key over the entire time.
9. Your coffee is cold.
8. You've given two characters the same name.
7. A character is in two places at once. And no, he/she does not have magical powers.
6. Thinking cold coffee is better than no coffee, you pick up your mug to discover a bug doing the backstroke. Hopefully, you make this discovery before you've swallowed.
5. If you write mysteries, you realize you've given three characters the same motive.
4. You decide to purge and replace your usual suspects of over-used words. Your first search comes up with over 1,000 hits.
3. You just spent ten minutes watching the dust motes float in the air. No, you weren't thinking about your story - you were watching dust motes.
2. You emit an ear-splitting primal scream, causing your cat to attempt to attach itself to the ceiling. He returns to the floor with cold revenge flickering in his eyes. Be afraid.
1. You empty the bug swimming pool of coffee and get yourself a fresh cup. You spill it. And now, you're out of coffee.