10. Underneath all the crap there's usually something worth keeping.
9. Sentimentality will lead you down a road of non- accomplishment.
8. The mess grows bigger before it starts shrinking.
7. Always allow more time than you thought. Then add more again.
6. Do all your necessary preparation before you begin. Skipping a step at this stage will lead to less-than-stellar results down the road.
5. You will be interrupted at the most inconvenient time.
4. You will question every decision you make.
3. Everyone else seems to be better at this than you are.
2. A second pair of eyes (or a third or fourth) are invaluable.
1. You will never have a bigger smile than when you realize you're finished.