The third monday in May is known as Victoria Day - and is a holiday here in Canada. To celebrate this long weekend which has become the unofficial start of summer, here's a trivia challenge about this long-lived queen.
1. What were Queen Victoria's given names?
Victoria Charlotte Augusta
Georgia Charlotte Augusta Alexndrina Victoria
2. Who were Queen Victoria's half brother and sister?
Mary and Edward
Victor and Augusta
Alexander and Elizabeth
Charles and Feodora
3. Until the age of three, what language did Queen Victoria speak?
4. Why was Queen Victoria never left alone when she was a child?
Her mother feared that Victoria's uncles would try to kill her in order to become king.
She was afraid of being alone.
Her mother was extremely overprotective.
She was afraid to have her mother out of her sight.
5. Who was Victoria's first prime minister?
Lord John Russell
6. Who did Queen Victoria want to put her into her coffin?
Members of her family.
Her previous, still-living Prime Ministers
7. After Prince Albert died, what did Queen Victoria wear for the rest of her life?
8. Queen Victoria had nine children and they all married into royal families which gave Britain ties to almost every European nation. This caused Victoria to be known as:
The Grandmother of Europe
The Queen who Reigned for 63 Years
The Godmother of Europe
The Iron Lady
9. What reigning monarch is Queen Victoria's great- great granddaughter?
Princess Anne, the Princess Royal
10. What previous monarch did Queen Victoria find extremely vain?
Queen Mary I
Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Mary II
1. Alexandrina Victoria