Sometimes you need help to keep going on your current project. As a veteran swimmer in the sea of self-loathing, I offer you the following motivators to keep on writing:
10. You can have a cookie(s) when you finish for the day.
9. In the midst of the shambles you've already written which is mocking you from the page, there is one sentence you really like. Focus on it.
8. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? Do you really want to be doing that?
7. Think about how far you've come; not how far you still need to go.
6. Fantasise about what you'd treat yourself to with some of that royalty cheque. Perhaps it's a personal chef to make you cookies.
5. You love your characters. If you can't keep on writing for yourself, keep on writing for them.
4. Having the discipline to keep on writing even when it's tough is what separates the real writers from the wannabees. Do you really want to be a wannabe?
3. Remember why you started writing this story in the first place.
2. Accomplishment makes anyone glow. Go for the glow!
1. This story deserves to be written and only you can write it.