Friday, July 6, 2012

Greetings from England

Yes, I made it. Yes, I'm thrilled. But yes, I'm lonely. But...I am beginning work on a new book and I spent the last two days...


Thus beginneth Elspeth's Excellent English Adventure.


  1. Awesome! I envy you! Have a great time soaking up all the British stuff so you can lean on it later for your books...

  2. Kit; Thank you and yes, that is the plan!

    Elizabeth; Thanks. I envy you for being able to live here for as long as you did. Were you living IN London?

  3. I didn't check here on Friday, but I know you're having fun. The sheep told me.

  4. Elspeth - I'm so sorry it took me until today to find out that you're posting again (for which I am *sooooo* glad! It's wonderful to hear you're having such a righteous time, Dude! ;-)

  5. Hi,

    Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

    A while ago I put out an ebook of my writing, called 'The New Death and others'. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

    I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog.

    If so, please email me: Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

    You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

    I'm also happy to do interviews, guest posts, or giveaways. Just let me know what you'd prefer.


  6. Love your photos! Loved the London Eye the first time I went on it. When my husband and I were there in July last year I went on it the second time and it took forever. I think it's a one time thing. Enjoy your trip!!

  7. Are you living in London? My sister-in-law lives in Bristol.

  8. Love your photos and of course I'm seeing you more on fb these days - hope the writing is going fabulously!
    I wanted to stop by all my fave places and tell you that I’m sorry I haven’t been by much (or commenting). I’ve been on a tremendous writing jag – the likes of that I haven’t experienced since the year I left university (sixteen years ago – I was a late scholar). I have written 65 thousand so far since the beginning of June on a new book and fifty new poems (facebook every day with a photo). It is all great fun but it eats up all my time as I’m also working and trying to sell our house. I thought I’d take some time today and just tell you that I totally appreciate both your blog and your comments on mine and I will be back in full force soon! I have a mystery to revise and one to finish but I think I just revised too long and now I’m writing freeeeeee

  9. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed
    reading your site. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah


Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!